I was born and raised on a dairy farm outside Canon City, Colorado. Because of my upbringing and knowledge of diet, farming and business, I advocate knowing, buying and consuming as close to the source as possible. I fell in love with Crossfit as one of the few environments, particularly in athletics and competition, in which women are either just as strong as men or are at least on an even playing field.

I take pride in being a part of a community that reinforces "strong" and "fit" as the compliments. As an independent and fitness minded consumer, I tend to shy away from restrictive diets. Paleo allows me the freedom to eat the foods I enjoy while remaining nutritionally superior to their processed equivalents. I love the way I feel when I fuel my body with whole Paleo meals and after a WOD. Euphoric is not an exaggeration. My goal is to bring others to understand what Paleo is, why it works and why they should try it. The false stigmas about Paleo are rampant and various, but my knowledge is based entirely on what I've learned through personal experience and research.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Stuffed Almond Butter Banana and Cacao Butter French Paleo Toast



Yummmmmy!!  This is one of my fat-kid recipes turned paleo.   I use to always make a french toast stuffed with peanut butter and bananas.   So I tried making it paleo. I was really happy with the results. And I made my first batch of paleo almond bread and it was a success! If you do use this recipe I would recommend doubling the amounts as well as trying to cut the bread slices thin.  Mine were too thick when I made the french toast.  

I also used Artisana's cacao butter on a few samples.  BOMB stuff. Kind of hard to spread though but it did add just the right amount of chocolate to the stuffed french toast.

Ingredients


       Paleo Almond Bread

  •  1 cup Almond flour
  •  1  1/3 cup Almond butter
  • 3 TB Olive oil
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 cap full of Almond extract
  •  3/4 tsp Baking soda

  •    Stuffed French Toast


  •  Almond Butter- Which ever flavor
  • 1 egg
  • Orange juice
  • Left over coffee
  • Cacao butter
  • Bananas
  • Tri-Berries organic frozen


  • Directions

             Paleo Almond Bread
     
     Combine all ingredients. Make sure to stir for a smooth consistency. Depending on the type of almond butter you might need to add a bit of water to just even it out.  You will want the consistency to be a little bit thicker that a pancake mix.  When I made this it wasn't nearly enough so I would recommend doubling the size.  Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes. 
     
     

            Stuffed Almond Butter, Banana and Cacao Butter French Toast

    Slice almond bread into sandwich  size portions. Spread almond butter and Cacao butter on one side of the bread. On the other side add sliced bananas.   Combine both sides to make a sandwich.
     
    Combine an egg with lil bit of orange juice and a splash coffee. Stir mixture and then place the french toast into the mixture and let soak for 30 seconds or until soggy.  
     
    Over medium heat place french toast in pan and cook until golden brown. 
     
    At this point I wanted to make it rain with powdered sugar... but I restrained and decided to top with a some berries.  
     
     
    I bough a bag of organic frozen tri-berries and heated on top of the stove till they were just barely cooked down.  Top the stuffed french toast with the berries and serve!   
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment