I was born and raised on a dairy farm outside Canon City, Colorado. Because of my upbringing and knowledge of diet, farming and business, I advocate knowing, buying and consuming as close to the source as possible. I fell in love with Crossfit as one of the few environments, particularly in athletics and competition, in which women are either just as strong as men or are at least on an even playing field.

I take pride in being a part of a community that reinforces "strong" and "fit" as the compliments. As an independent and fitness minded consumer, I tend to shy away from restrictive diets. Paleo allows me the freedom to eat the foods I enjoy while remaining nutritionally superior to their processed equivalents. I love the way I feel when I fuel my body with whole Paleo meals and after a WOD. Euphoric is not an exaggeration. My goal is to bring others to understand what Paleo is, why it works and why they should try it. The false stigmas about Paleo are rampant and various, but my knowledge is based entirely on what I've learned through personal experience and research.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Potato-less Potato Salad

Ingredients

  • 2 heads of cauliflower
  • 1/2 dozen eggs, hard-boiled and diced
  • 1/2 a medium sized red onion or green onion, finely diced
  • 5 celery stalks, finely diced
  • Baby dill pickles, diced
  • 2 Tablespoon or more of whole grain mustard ( Honestly I prob used 4 TB or more)
  • About 3/4 or less  cup of Paleo Mayo
  • Handful of chopped FRESH dill

Paleo Mayo


  • 1 whole egg
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1  1/2 cups of pure olive oil or walnut oil
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons melted bacon grease

 

 

 

Directions Mayo

In a blender, add the eggs, lemon juice, and mustard and blend together well – leave the
blender running and slowly drizzle the oil. Do not dump all the oil in quickly and give up.
When the mixture begins to emulsify or thicken, only then can you be a bit faster about
pouring in the olive oil but still take your time. Turn the blender off once all the olive oil is
in and the mayonnaise is thickened. Add the salt and pepper and mix well or blend again for another few seconds.
 

Directions for Paleo Potato Salad

You can steam or boil your cauliflower, I just boiled mine. You want the cauliflower to be soft but not mushy. Drain the cauliflower well and pat dry with paper towels. Crumble the cauliflower into a large mixing bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients including the mayo and mustard, mix well. Either eat right away or let chill for a couple of hours before serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment