Usually when making a chuck roast or pot roast for myself I NEVER finish it all. But with this recipe I ate the entire thing over a course of a week. Not only did I serve with the slaw but I also paired with Spaghetti squash and raw kale.
Ingredients For the Korean Beef
- 2-3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1/2 bottle (10 oz) low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar -(Necessary to balance the soy sauce, you could subst Coconut Cane Sugar)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated - I used the already prepared ginger
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 -1 cup water
Ingredients For the Simple Slaw
- 1 bag of prepared slaw
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro (ribboned)
- 1/2 Red onion sliced thinly
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Good serving of Sea Salt
- To make the Korean beef, spray your slow cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray and add the beef.
- Whisk soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar with the garlic, ginger, sriracha, and oils.
- Pour over the beef in the crock pot and add water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- For the slaw dice cilantro thinly and add prepared slaw and onion. Combine with just enough oil to mix ingredients (maybe 2-3 TB). Dress with a good amount of salt and pepper to taste. Simple!