Even though I wanted to use Halibut....Tilapia was a less expensive choice! Still very taysty!
- 1 can plum tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced or paste
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Seed and coarsely chop tomatoes. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic. Add onion, and cook, until transparent.
- Raise heat to medium high; add tomatoes, reserved liquid, olives, capers, anchovies, an and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper. Cook within sauce for the 4 to 5 minutes on each side.