Avocado & Cilantro Pesto
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Lemon Freshly Squeezed Juice--Very Important!
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Oil
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (more to taste as the amount of salt on the cashews can make a difference)
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, grind the cilantro, garlic and lemon until well blended.
- Slowly incorporate the oils, blending as you go.
- Add the cashews and Parmesan; blend until smooth.
- Add salt, blending and tasting as you go.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Add more or less avocado and lemon depending on your preference.
*A really easy way to cut an avocado is within its skin. Make slices vertically and then horizontally and then scoop out the squares--
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Mixed Greens
- 1 Egg
- Avocado Cilantro Pesto
- I used the grilled chicken that I usually make at the beginning of the week. I always try and do a quick marinade-- whatever I can find in the pantry. Italian dressing, garlic powder salt n pepper and sometimes good ol Red Robin Seasoning. Make sure you try and marinade the chicken, it makes a huge difference!
- Pop out your George Foreman and grill!
- Spread Avocado Cilantro spread on chicken breast.
- Add greens
- Top with fried egg.
- My beautiful roommate Maia's rendition