I find that I can never find any store-bought dressings that I really enjoy. They are usually expensive and can have a lot of sugar hiding inside. So for the most part I am always making my own dressings.
The KEY point to making your own dressings is to use a blender!! This way the oil and vinegar combine perfectly. If you don't mix the two properly most of the time your left with a really intense taste of oil ---
Not the best photgraphy--doing what I can with my iphone!
- Mixed Greens
- tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup of halved Kalamata black olives
- 2 (1/4 pound) slices of Greek feta--optional
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of regular oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ( 2 splashes) of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed in palm of your hand
- Coarse salt and black pepper
Combine vegetables, olives, and lettuce in a large bowl and add sliced feta on the top of salad.
Add vinegar, garlic and Dijon mustard to the blender. Turn on and slowly add the oil. After combined add the oregano and salt n pepper to taste. Toss over salad!