I was born and raised on a dairy farm outside Canon City, Colorado. Because of my upbringing and knowledge of diet, farming and business, I advocate knowing, buying and consuming as close to the source as possible. I fell in love with Crossfit as one of the few environments, particularly in athletics and competition, in which women are either just as strong as men or are at least on an even playing field.

I take pride in being a part of a community that reinforces "strong" and "fit" as the compliments. As an independent and fitness minded consumer, I tend to shy away from restrictive diets. Paleo allows me the freedom to eat the foods I enjoy while remaining nutritionally superior to their processed equivalents. I love the way I feel when I fuel my body with whole Paleo meals and after a WOD. Euphoric is not an exaggeration. My goal is to bring others to understand what Paleo is, why it works and why they should try it. The false stigmas about Paleo are rampant and various, but my knowledge is based entirely on what I've learned through personal experience and research.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Paleo Ranch Dressing




I think this is pretty darn close to ranch dressing.  I love dill so I added extra dill to the sauce.   By
itself it wasn't my fav but once I dipped It in avocado and salmon it was awesome !

I made a salmon salad with the ranch, dill and my favorite toppings.   The ranch isn't as thick as a regular ranch sauce but try it out!

Paleo Ranch Dressing 

1 cup olive oil
1 cup Coconut Milk - I only used the cream part 
1 1/2 T  red wine vinegar
1 1/2 T dijon mustard
2 t Garlic Powder
1 t Onion Powder
1 t Chives
3 T Lemon Juice
1 t Parsley dried
2-3 sprigs fresh dill pull stem off
1/2 tsp Sea Salt 
1/2 tsp pepper 

Directions 


Blend all ingredients in blender.  I had let my food processor run for a few minutes!  If your tasting too much coconut try adding more vinegar, Dijon or dill.  You might need to mess with it -








No comments:

Post a Comment