I was born and raised on a dairy farm outside Canon City, Colorado. Because of my upbringing and knowledge of diet, farming and business, I advocate knowing, buying and consuming as close to the source as possible. I fell in love with Crossfit as one of the few environments, particularly in athletics and competition, in which women are either just as strong as men or are at least on an even playing field.

I take pride in being a part of a community that reinforces "strong" and "fit" as the compliments. As an independent and fitness minded consumer, I tend to shy away from restrictive diets. Paleo allows me the freedom to eat the foods I enjoy while remaining nutritionally superior to their processed equivalents. I love the way I feel when I fuel my body with whole Paleo meals and after a WOD. Euphoric is not an exaggeration. My goal is to bring others to understand what Paleo is, why it works and why they should try it. The false stigmas about Paleo are rampant and various, but my knowledge is based entirely on what I've learned through personal experience and research.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Spicy Chicken Paleo Tacos



Thank you Trisha Sims for the recipe idea !!! Even my picky roommates liked it !



 

Crockpot Chicken

  • 1 package thin chicken breasts 
  • Taco seasoning packet 
  • Cup or so of water or chicken stock 
  • Half jar of salsa ( El Pinto Green Chile Salsa)
  • 2 diced tomatoes

Spicy Paleo Rice 

  • 1 head cauliflower - Grated mine on a cheese grater-
  • 1 small can of green chile's 
  • 1 cup stock. Or left over juices from crock pot !
  • half package of taco seasoning

Simple Guac

  • 1 avocado -mushed  
  • juice of 1 lime
  • handful of chopped cilantro
  • garlic-salt to taste
For the crock pot chicken I bought thin chicken breasts that would cook up easy.   I dumped in the taco seasoning and half a Jar of my favorite salsa and extra tomatoes.   I didn't have any chicken stock so i just filled up the pot with water till it barely covered the chicken.   I had my crock pot on high for around 4-5 hours!
CrockPot Chicken

Cauliflower Rice

Heat your pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and diced green chilies. Saute for 5 minutes.
Add riced cauliflower, add chicken stock or left over crock pot goodness. Add half package of taco seasoning.
 Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer 20 minutes or until all the liquid has reduced. 

I probably cooked my cauliflower for 10 minutes.   I wanted to make sure that mine was still crunchy- so be hesitant in how much liquid you add to the pan. 

I wrapped my tacos in iceburg lettuce and topped with simple guac and fresh cilantro!




Some people will wrap their left over herbs in a damp towel.  I keep mine usually in the fridge within a cup full of water-  I find they last a lot longer-

No comments:

Post a Comment